Welcome to Skyview Community Church
At Skyview you will find that friendship with God and others matters most. We are profoundly shaped by the gracious love of God and view ourselves as partners with God in experiencing His love and sharing it with others. Read more »
Skyivew is building! Read more about our
Building Campaign on www.ourskyviewhome.ca
Come Together this Sunday at 10:30 am at our New Church Building for a tour and a prayer walking opportunity!
- Those arriving at the church location (9685 Harvest Hills Blvd. NW.) will be directed to park in the newly paved parking lot. Note, that you will be shown where to park as some aspects of the parking lot is still under construction. Look for parking attendants wearing orange vests.
- Opportunity will be given to tour the facility. While most of the construction is complete, the facility is still under construction. This means that washrooms are not yet open for use and small children must be with parents at all times.
- Opportunity will also be given for those who desire to pray for the community of Harvest Hills. This is a wonderful opportunity to pray for those within the surrounding community while exploring the immediate neighbourhood. A set of simple instructions will be given to groups who desire to walk and pray together. Following your walk we recommend you sample some of the local cuisine with others in our congregation at one of the many restaurant options in the immediate vicinity or grab a coffee at the local Tim Hortons across the road.
- You will also be able to give your Tithe and Offering on Sunday. Our ushers will be available in the foyer of the new facility if you need to do so.
welcome to the team, Jake!
We are excited to have Jake Ashton working with us this summer as Children’s Ministry Leader in a summer intern position. He will be working alongside our Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Jenn Tattrie, to lead our children through a “Summer Road Trip”. curriculum about the journey of the Israelites to the promised land. He will also be working with Jenn to get our children’s space organized in our new building and prepare for Fall. Jake can be contacted at email@example.com.
God is good...God is faithful! There is so much happening at our new building - acoustic sound-clouds installed in the sanctuary, stage and sound booth coming together, kitchen counters & cabinets built, washroom fixtures in place, basement dry-walled. Thank you for your prayers and support. Visit www.ourskyviewhome.ca to see where you can give. Watch our facebook page for regular updates!
Watch for a special newsletter edition to come soon with a full update from our Property Committee.
Volunteers will continue to be needed!
A huge thank-you to everyone who came out over the last week to help with painting and moving of furniture! We will need more volunteer work in the coming weeks with landscaping and completion of the basement. We will send out information about these opportunities as they arise.
missional community at Skyview
The vision behind missional community is inspired by Jesus’ lifestyle and the ways that Jesus’ closest followers sought to imitate his lifestyle together. In the Church’s efforts to make Christ-like disciples, we see three core elements in Jesus’ example:
1) Up – Communion with God
2) In – Fellowship with one another
3) Out – Hospitality, Service, and witness to God’s love beyond the Church
Missional community seeks to embody these three aspects of Jesus’ life in its gatherings. Skyview is seeking to follow this three-fold pattern in its response to God’s call for us to help people come to know Jesus and to grow into mature followers.
Autumn of 2017 gave us a season of praying and discerning God’s calling for us together. I am very thankful for the time that people invested praying, reading, and discerning together how Missional Communities might take shape in our church.
In the Winter and Spring of 2018 we are looking forward to the doors that God will open for us to serve those outside of our church, to grow together in community as we serve, and to grow in our relationship with God all the while. We’re looking to expand Skyview’s value of Generous Hospitality beyond our members and walls as we seek Communion with God and give thanks for God’s blessings.
Three or four ideas for missional community are being discussed, and we’re determining how the vision for missional community fits with our existing ministries – if you are interested in being involved in a gathering that seeks together deeper relationships with God, with each other, and with those outside our community, please contact Ryan Herbert: firstname.lastname@example.org.
 This example is borrowed from 3D Movements, described in Building a Discipling Culture by Mike Breen.
Did you know?
Here at Skyview we regularly support missions both right here in Calgary and world wide through our district and denomination, which you can learn more about at Nazarene Missions International, as well as through partnership with two specific ministries:
Seed of Hope
The Seed of Hope is a community development ministry in the rural outskirts of Durban, South Africa, that supports the community through programs focused on education and care. Learn more about who they are and how you can get involved here. Visit our missions page for more updates!
Youth unlimited calgary
Youth Unlimited is a community organzation that focuses on the support of young people through programs that assist them with all needs, from physical and emotional health and well being, spiritual support, employment support, and support of the whole family through times of difficulty. Learn more about this organization here, or take a look at their latest newsletter.