Listen Sermons from Skyview
Below are sermons that were heard at Skyview. Click the series name or month to view the sermons in that group. If the message your looking for isn't show below, check out the messages in the archive.
The Skyview podcast includes the most recent messages and our entire archive.
There are a number of ways to subscribe to our podcast:
You can either subscribe to the podcast, play with the embed player or download the mp3.
- December 29, 201329:29 minGiving ThanksStuart Williams
- December 24, 201318:43 minThe Christmas StoryStuart Williams
- December 22, 201324:53 minPeaceGeoff DeJagerEternal life not in the sense of everlasting life but in terms of sharing the life and heart of the Father. Right now, because God has come near to us in Jesus we can know God, and share in his life.
- December 15, 201328:29 minJoyStuart WilliamsWe look forward to having our children lead us in worship through song, scripture and dance. Join us as we celebrate together the joy of Christ with us.
- December 8, 201319:55 minLoveGeoff DeJagerGod’s love is made known to us through the gift of His Son. The Son of God became flesh and lived in our world, sympathetic to our circumstance and responsive to our need. The gift of the incarnation is that we know Christ understands what we face, but through the gift of His presence enables us to live a God glorifying life.
- December 1, 201342:28 minHopeStuart WilliamsAt Christmas we compile ‘wish’ lists. These verses in Matthew contain Jesus’ wish list. Jesus teaches that it is in caring for the least of these, the stranger, the naked, the hungry, the imprisoned, that we are serving him. We will also introduce our Christmas miracle project: As a congregation we contribute together towards a communal Christmas gift to be given to the ‘least of these.’ The focus is to take our focus off ourselves and celebrate Jesus instead.
- November 24, 201337:37 minPlanning with GodGeoff DeJagerAre we planning our lives with or without God? Often we live independent of God only seeking His help when challenges arise. Planning is honouring to God only in as much as it includes God and is guided by Him.
- November 17, 201346:44 minDesire & Thanksgiving!Stuart Williams“Do we love God enough to be content?” Discontentment & covetousness are often an indication of a failure to love. The way in which we overcome discontentment is to practice thanksgiving & by taking direct & creative action where we can.
- November 3, 201343:30 minFaith in ActionStuart WilliamsTo have faith is neither contained by intellect or belief only--faith in God finds its way in and out of our lives. It is both interior and exterior, both contemplation and engagement. Show me faith that works says James!
- November 3, 201350:40 minListening & SpeakingStuart WilliamsIn James we learn powerfully that “the person comes out of the mouth.” James implies that we should listen more than we speak and that in listening to others we position ourselves to listen to God. By listening to God we learn to attend to others.
- October 27, 201323:22 minFinding God in the StormGeoff DeJagerHow do Christians face trials? God’s goal is for us to not be governed by our circumstances, but by the word of God and His promise. Trials can refine us and grow us up into mature Christians.
The video mentioned at 13:30 can be found at: http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/the-story-of-ian-larissa
The sound "Blessings" heard at 18:15 can be found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ
- October 20, 201320:06 minGoing with GodGeoff DeJager
- October 13, 201341:02 minMaturing in ChristStuart Williams
- October 6, 201342:03 minCommunion with GodStuart Williams
- September 29, 201339:31 minWhat are you waiting for?Heather Liebenberg
- September 22, 201338:53 minA People of FaithStuart Williams
- September 15, 201337:08 minA Cross Shaped CommunityStuart Williams
- September 8, 201324:39 minWhat are you waiting for?Geoff DeJager
- September 1, 2013All Things NewGeoff DeJager
- August 25, 201353:48 minIt is Finished! God’s final judgment of evil, suffering and deathGeoff DeJager
- August 18, 201339:56 minWorthy is the LambStuart Williams
- August 11, 201342:58 minJesus on the OutsideStuart Williams
- August 4, 201334:35 minAin't Nothing Like the Real ThingGeoff DeJager
- July 28, 201337:45 minBruised, but not BrokenGeoff DeJager
- July 21, 201348:28 minFirst LoveStuart Williams
- July 14, 201330:43 minChrist Our HopeStuart Williams
- June 23, 201334:47 minMercyStuart Williams
- June 16, 201332:43 minWho is my neighbour...the wrong question?Stuart Williams
- June 9, 201331:00 minGeoff DeJager
- June 2, 201320:40 minStuart Williams
- May 26, 201337:48 minStuart Williams
- May 19, 201324:15 minPentecost SundayStuart Williams
- May 12, 201325:35 minMothers DayBecky DeJager
- May 5, 201334:49 minWest AfricaJohn Watton
- April 28, 201342:21 minFriendship through ChristStuart Williams
- April 21, 201350:17 minApart from me you can do nothing!Stuart Williams
- April 14, 201327:53 minGeoff DeJager
- April 7, 201337:24 minPeace be With YouGeoff DeJager
- March 31, 201337:36 minEaster SundayStuart Williams
- March 24, 201344:10 minPalm SundayStuart Williams
- March 17, 201340:50 minI am the bread of lifeStuart Williams
- March 10, 201327:22 minThe Light of the WorldGeoff DeJager
- March 3, 201325:55 minWorthy is the LambStuart Williams
- February 24, 201336:19 minEntering into the Presence of GodStuart Williams
- February 17, 201331:26 minChrist in the TabernacleStuart Williams
- February 10, 201341:38 minStuart Williams
- February 3, 201331:45 minA House of Prayer for the NationsGeoff DeJager
- January 27, 201342:02 minA Holy PeopleStuart Williams
- January 20, 201345:51 minStuart Williams
- January 13, 201334:55 minStuart Williams
- January 6, 201334:20 minMembership has it's RewardsGeoff DeJager